Perini’s latest addition to the Bridge Road showroom is a spectacular collection of luxury basins, designed to add a touch of glamour and prestige to your bathroom while also being the ultimate ‘wow’ factor!
A variety of innovative materials have been employed in the creation of these stunning basins: Crystal, Florence Glass, Murano Glass, Teknoform, Vetrofreddo, Pert and Silicone.
This post will focus on the Crystal or Cristallo De’Medici Series of basins. Click on the links at the end of this article to see the entire collection.
Download Perini’s latest catalogue showcasing the entire collection: Perini Italian Basins Catalogue
What is Cristallo De’Medici?
Mouth blown and bevelled in stone by master artists, the crystal used to create the Cristallo De’Medici series of basins contains a 24% lead content. As each basin is lovlingy hand made, you can expect unique characteristics on each piece in this collection.
How to recognise quality Crystal:
Points to keep in mind when determining the quality of crystal are:
- Crystal is 10 to 24% lead – Crystal with a high lead content is clear.
- Lead Crystal is 24 to 30% lead and full lead crystal is 30 to 33% lead.
- Crystal with a low lead content will appear to have a slight hint of grey, blue or green in it when you place a white sheet behind it.
- Key elements to look for: Sparkle, Weight and Ring
- Sparkle: High lead content crystal will give off a luxurious sparkle
- Weight: As lead is heavy, crystal with a higher lead content will be heavy
- Ring: Lead crystal will make a deep ringing sound when struck gently on the rim.
Crystal/Cristallo De’Medici Collection
Each unique Crystal basin comes with a letter of authenticity to assure clients of the top quality crystal and craftsmanship. This collection of basins is sure to add a touch of glamour to any home!
Learn about all the exciting additions to this range: