If your cat is anything like my little ginger ball of fluff, he’s got his eyes (and claws!) into your fabulous upholstered dining room chairs or lounge suite… Let’s change all of that!
There are so many cat deterrent sprays available from pet shops that although do help the situation somewhat, I find that their effect is simply nowhere near as efficient as this simple and all natural, homemade solution.
Homemade Cat Deterrent Spray
You Will Need…
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- An empty spray bottle
- Fill your spray bottle with water and add 3 -4 drops of each essential oil.
- Screw on the cap and give it all a good shake!
- Generously spray your fabric furniture once every fortnight with your homemade cat deterrent and you’re all set!
Not only will your home smell incredible but your feline friend will steer clear from your fabrics – Cats are not very fond of peppermint or lavender!
I’ve been using essential oils for years to help with everything under the sun – Peppermint has always been my favourite thanks to its incredible amount of applications. Checkout our blog post: 20 Incredible Ways to use Peppermint Oil for more inspiration! I use peppermint oil for relief from migraines, cleaning up around the house, as a cold sore treatment and of course, to keep my cat away from the furniture!
- 20 Incredible Ways to use Peppermint Oil
- 8 Ways to Create the Ultimate Spa Inspired Bathroom
- Home Organising Tips: 12 Ways to save time, money & get your home ORGANISED!