We are all struggling with the rising cost of living and with recent increases in household energy, finding ways to save becomes an all important concern. Money expert Molly Benjamin from Ladies Finance Club has launched the ultimate guide to slashing power costs: the Energy Saver Handbook. Find out Molly’s top ideas on saving on electricity and reducing your power bills!
“The average Australian household saves around $1000 per year on their energy bills after they install rooftop solar. The average lifespan of a solar system is up to 20 years, so it really is one of the best long term investments you can make right now!”Molly Benjamin
The free Energy Savers Handbook is full of easy tips that will help you save on your energy bills by reducing household energy consumption in simple ways. In fact, implementing all the tips in the guide (including installing rooftop solar) could slash more than $1,800 from your annual energy costs.
Molly adds, “I’ve learnt that there are a lot of small changes you can make like switching on your electric blanket instead of the heater at night and choosing energy efficient electric appliances that can save you money. Even if you’re a renter or live in an apartment, there are simple things you can do to save on your bills.”
The Handbook outlines:
- Simple changes that can lower energy bills fast
- Tips on how to save energy and slash bills in every room in the house
- A checklist to help families identify the areas where they could save
- A comprehensive guide to rooftop solar, with information about government subsidies and rebates
Molly’s Top 5 Tips to Cut Energy Bills
- Use non-electric sources of heat to stay warm – layer your clothing, use blankets or electric blankets and use thick, block-out curtains for an added layer of insulation
- Seal gaps and block draughts to prevent warm air from escaping outside
- Use your reverse cycle air conditioning for heating – it’s much cheaper to run that electric or gas heaters
- Swap to energy efficient electric appliances, especially washing machines, dryers and dishwashers
- Install rooftop solar
It is important to note that certain energy saving solutions (such as installing solar, swapping out appliances, etc) can involve large up-front costs. With this in mind, you can adapt the information included in this exciting e-book to best suit your current needs and circumstances. When it comes time to replace any household appliances, you can use Australia’s Energy Rating system to find the most appropriate solutions for your home.
Founder of the Ladies Finance Club and author of Girls Just Wanna Have Funds, Molly Benjamin has helped thousands of Australian women through the years to make informed financial decisions through her publications, events and group coaching. A widely sought after media commentator and corporate speaker on women’s empowerment, we appreciate the amazing tips Molly has shared with us in her recently launched free energy saving handbook which you can download for free by clicking on the image below.