Nordic design embodies three key characteristics: simplicity, minimalism and functionality. The core value behind this design movement is that beautiful designs should not be a luxury afforded only to the rich, but accessible to all. The Scandinavian interior design style first became popular in the 1950s and is still going strong today. Read on for our Top 5 Tips on achieving the look in your home:
KEY STYLE ELEMENTS:
- Make use of predominately white wall finishes, such as white tiles or white paint.
- Create a contrasting floor with charcoal floor tiles, dark timber stains, etc.
- Use timber stools, tables or accessories as accents to add warmth and texture to your space.
- Smooth, clean lines paired with a natural texture such as natural stone or timber create the clash between sleek and rustic that is the essence of Scandinavian design.
- Keep your fittings and appliances minimal in style.
All images featured in this post were sourced from Pinterest.
Diamond Interiors is here to help! If you need assistance in selecting the best finishes and appliances to achieve your dream home, click here!
What’s your favourite way to style your home? Share your ideas in the comments below!