Winter is all about delicious comfort food and what could be more comforting than a cheesy, tasty quiche on a grey, rainy day! This scrumptious quiche makes a perfect side to a hearty dinner and the best part is, you can hide all sorts of yummy veggies in there for school lunches!
CHEESY MUSHROOM & LEEK QUICHE
- 2 tbs. Butter
- 1 Large Leek, finely chopped
- 200g Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (Pizza Blend)
- 1 tsp. Mustard Powder
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp. Dry Parsley
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Set your butter to melt in a medium sized saucepan. Add your leek, mushrooms and garlic and cook until soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese, mustard powder, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring in between each addition. This will help make a fluffy quiche!
- Add milk and stir to combine.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and pour in your quiche mixture and top with your cooked vegetables – I used a 26cm round baking dish. You can sprinkle a bit of extra cheese on the top, finished with a bit of extra parsley.
- Bake in the oven (the middle rack is usually best) for about 20 minutes, or until top is lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, slice up and serve.