My sister called my brownies “un-photogenic”… But let me tell you, these brownies are FABULOUS!! They taste exactly how I always imagined Williy Wonka’s chocolate river would taste like and better – I present to you dear readers, my ultimate chocolate brownie recipe! Super fudgy, moist and loaded with chocolate!
The best thing about this recipe is that it is quick and easy: perfect for satisfying those chocolate cravings! Makes about 20 – 24 brownies.
- 1 cup dark melting chocolate (I use Cadbury’s Dark Chocolate Melts)
- 50g Unsalted Butter (chopped)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Pour melting chocolate and chopped butter into a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave until nicely melted and stir. (Alternatively, you can use the boiling water method of melting chocolate and butter. I’m just using shortcuts!)
- In a separate bowl combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Slowly pour dry ingredients into chocolate and butter mixture and stir well.
- Stir in eggs (one at a time), vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a small slice pan (I usually use an 18cm x 18cm square pan) and line with baking paper. Make sure to leave a bit of paper on the sides as this will help you lift the brownies out of the tray later!
- Pour in brownie mixture and bake at 180°C for about 25 mins, or until cooked through.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before removing the brownies from the tray using the baking paper and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
I usually don’t ice these brownies but for those who enjoy a bit of extra indulgence, here’s a quick and easy chocolate icing:
- Cocoa Powder
- Hot Water
Start off with 5 tablespoons of cocoa and 5 tablespoons of sugar and combine. Slowly add in hot water and stir. Adding equal amounts of each ingredient, continue until you’ve made as much icing as you need and have reached a thick, creamy consistency.
Spread over cool brownies and enjoy!