These scrumptious Coconut & Lemon bars are the perfect sweet treat to quickly satisfy those sugar cravings. Ready in just 10 minutes, they are rich, gooey and super tangy!
You can make these delicious lemon bars in the microwave with a total preparation and cooking time of just 10 minutes; recipe is based on a 850w Microwave.
- 8 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Essense
- 2 Tbsp. Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- Extra Shredded Coconut to sprinkle over the top
- To make your crust, melt the butter in a microwave proof mixing bowl. Once melted, stir in vanilla essence, icing sugar, flour and shredded coconut until combined.
- Spread the crust mixture evenly in a microwave safe dish, apprx 30 x 20 cm. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes and set aside.
- Using the same mixing bowl, whisk your eggs and stir in lemon juice and vanilla essence. Add flour and sugar and stir well.
- Pour lemon mixture over the crust and cook in the microwave for a further 3-4 minutes (turning at least once). Allow to cool before slicing up your delicious lemon bars!