Using a simple combination of common household products, avoid the nasties in store bought cleaners and use this fabulous, multi purpose DIY eco friendly bathroom cleaner instead!
This post contains affiliate links to some of our favourite, tried and tested products that are ethically sourced; click here for more information on our affiliate program.
There are an astonishing amount of bathroom cleaning products available these days, each promising to leave your glass shower screens gleaming, your porcelain sinks shining and your bathtubs spot-free. Unfortunately, a lot of these store bought solutions often contain harsh chemicals that are not only bad for your family’s health, but can also be potentially toxic for the environment while also having the disadvantage of being sold in plastic bottles and containers. contributing to the world’s plastic crisis.
Making your own eco friendly bathroom cleaner not only eliminates the concern of constantly purchasing disposable plastics found in store bought products but also provides a toxic-free alternative that is much safer around little hands. You can use this bathroom cleaner all around the home: On tiled floors and walls, glass surfaces and even stainless steel appliances and sinks, making it the ultimate multi-purpose DIY cleaning product!
What you will need:
- A Glass or stainless steel spray bottle
- White Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Tea Tree Oil
- Other essential oils to consider adding include: Clove, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Orange and Cinnamon
How to make your DIY Eco Friendly Bathroom Cleaner:
- Add 10 – 15 drops of each of your selected essential oils to your spray bottle. We’ve listed our top essential oil selections above; aside from smelling incredible in the home, these essential oils contain cleansing and anti-bacterial properties that will leave your bathroom virtually germ-free. Clove is a particular favourite of mine, as it also contains anti-mould properties, perfect for the humid environment of a household bathroom.
- Add in a tablespoon of vinegar and fill the remainder of your bottle with distilled water.
- Give it all a good shake before each use and away you go! This all purpose eco friendly bathroom cleaner can be used to keep every surface spot-free; Simply spray on and wipe clean with a soft cloth. For more stubborn marks, you may leave the spray on the surface for 20 minutes or so before wiping clean.
Essential oils offer an incredible solution when it comes to creating your own cleaning products for the home, from bathroom cleaners to insect repellents and much more!
This post was inspired by a discussion in our Facebook Group, Home Design & Decorating 101! Click here to join to have all your home related questions answered, meet new friends and get inspired every day!