As we all know, decorating and renovating options for renters are rather limited, especially when it comes to the key areas of the home such as the kitchen or bathroom.Today we’ll be looking at some great bathroom decorating ideas for renters that will help create a new look in your home full of life, colour and fun!
Bathroom Storage Solutions
Clutter tends to accumulate in the bathroom very quickly, creating an unsightly mess! Keep all the necessities organised and within arm’s reach while also adding a decorative feature to your rental home’s bathroom that won’t tick off your landlord!
QUICK DECOR SOLUTIONS:
- Use bathroom accessory sets including tumblers, soap dishes or dispensers, tissue box covers, etc. for functionality and to keep the daily necessities within easy reach
- Stylish lidded canisters are a perfect solution for cotton balls, hair clips and other bits and bobs that tend to float around at the bottom of our drawers
- Use cutlery inserts and dividers within your bathroom drawers to create highly organised and efficient storage space
- Woven baskets make for excellent storage solutions in the bathroom; Use a lidded basket as a laundry hamper (we don’t need to show off our dirty laundry!), and smaller baskets to store the essentials such as hair styling equipment, sprays and lotions within your cupboards
- Hang a shower caddy in your shower to keep all your shampoos and lotions close-by – An easy and effective way of keeping those bottles off the ground, no drilling required!
- Use a freestanding towel rack to add further storage, style and function to your bathroom. No space? Over the door towel racks are the next best thing!
Replace the Shower Curtain
A simple step but an effective one! If your bathroom includes a shower curtain, swapping it out for something more suited to your style and taste is a very quick and easy fix in sprucing up the bathroom of your rental home.
Shower curtains are in general, susceptible to tears, dirt and even mold so changing it up every so often will also help keep your space clean and tidy.
Coordinate your new look with matching accessories to create a sense of harmony in your decorating scheme.
Another great way to spruce up your shower (especially if the base isn’t the best condition) is to use a suction rubber mat to cover it all up. Rubber shower mats provide a simple way to hide that unsightly shower base – Just make sure to keep them squeaky clean by simply giving them a quick wipe down and rinse after your shower.
Include Plants & Flowers
We love the look of greenery in the home! You will find that including potted plants and flowers in your bathroom will not only add life and colour to the space but will also help to create a tranquil environment, perfect for winding down in after a busy day (click here to read our post “8 Ways to Create the Ultimate Spa Inspired Bathroom” for more ideas in creating a bathroom built for relaxation!).
Not much of a green thumb? I get it… I KILL every plant I touch. EVERY plant… Kmart has us covered, as always! Faux plants are a great way of introducing a touch of colour to your bathroom – Click here to view Kmart’s current selection of beautiful faux plants that will liven up your home.
Stick on Wall Decals
Self adhesive wall decals provide a fabulous, low cost yet highly effective solution to introducing colour and pattern to your space. A quality wall decal will not peel off a good paint job upon removal however, you’ll always want to test it out first to avoid any costly repairs down the track.
If applying stick-on wall decals to painted walls, always ensure to test on a discreet section of wall before starting on your decorating project – Better safe than sorry!
Rugs & Towels
Another fabulous way to quickly (and effortlessly!) spruce up any bathroom is to update your towels and include a stylish rug that will bring colour, pattern and texture to the space as well as cover up the floors of a tired or outdated bathroom.
Bath mats and rugs are another great way of creating life in your bathroom – also helping in covering up your rental home’s floor tiles if they’re not to your liking! Use a quality bath mat with a rubber backing to prevent slips to spruce up key areas such as in front of your shower or bath.
You may also consider using a more stylish rug in the space (once again, to avoid any slips – make sure the rug either has rubber backing or an anti-slip mat underneath). Outdoor rugs are another fantastic solution for the bathroom; usually made of Polypropylene (a synthetic resin) making them incredibly easy to clean, especially in the messy environment of a bathroom!
Redecorating your bathroom in a rental property can really make all the difference and help you feel a lot more at home! Share your own bathroom decorating ideas in the comments below!