For years I’ve experimented to create the perfect cookie and I am very proud to say that THIS IS IT.
Soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate chunks, these scrumptious cookies are completely vegan! A super easy and quick to make one bowl recipe, these cookies are perfect for whipping up in a pinch and can last for up to a week in an airtight container.
So without further ado, I present you my new favourite cookie recipe!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature (I use Olive Spread)
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
- A dash of Salt
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tbs. Soy Milk
- 2 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (I use a full block of Lindt 70% Cocoa content chocolate)
- Preheat your oven to 170°C
- In a large mixing bowl, cream your butter and sugars
- Stir in baking soda, salt, vanilla, soy milk and vegetable oil, stirring until mixture is smooth
- Slowly add your flour to the mixture while continuing to stir. Fold in your chocolate chips until well combined
- Line two trays with baking paper and roll your cookie dough into small balls. Place each cookie ball about 8cm apart on the tray and gently press down with your fingers. Each cookie should still be about 1cm thick
- Bake for approximately 7 – 10 minutes depending on how soft you prefer your cookies. I usually bake them for about 8 minutes which leave them soft and chewy in the centre!
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes on a cooling rack and ENJOY!
- Yields: Apprx. 34 cookies
- Vegan Friendly, Nut Free, Dairy Free and Egg Free
- Being an egg free dough, this recipe is perfect for making cookie-dough based desserts such as cookie dough cheesecakes and ice cream!
- This recipe freezes well – Prepare your dough and roll out into a log, wrapping completely with cling wrap before freezing. When needed, allow to thaw at room temperature for about 10 – 15 mins, slice and bake. Simple!
Have you tried out this recipe?
We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!